I know, I know ... I'm desperately behind again. So here I begin the catch up ...Easter was a sweet time this year. We made the decision to do Easter baskets and otehr secular activities on Saturday in order to preserve the sacredness of Easter Sunday. This worked out really great for our family. Filling Easter baskets for two toddlers with multiple food allergeis between them is tough, so there was really no candy in sight. The grandparents helped out with little gifts and cards, and Ella and Easton had a blast discovering their baskets Saturday morning. After baskets were explored, we dyed some Easter eggs. Saturday afternoon, we headed to Pops' and Nana's house for Easter dinner and an egg hunt with cousin Jaiden. (Forgot my camera, so no pics.)
Sunday morning was spent at church celebrating our Risen Savior, and it was nice not to have to cram Easter baskets into the weekly chaos of getting out the door to church. We struggled with how to focus on the true reason for Easter with Ella, as death and resurrection are a bit abstract for a three year old. She could, however, tell us that Easter was a celebration of Jesus, and we thought that was a pretty good start!









1 comment:
What great Easter baskets and the colored eggs turned out beautifully. Ella and Easton look so spiffy in their Easter refinery. Ella looks like such a little princess and Easton is just a glowing little boy.
Post a Comment