
Momsie with her "Ella-Bean" -- July 2006
Other than settling in and the craziness that brings, we haven't updated in awhile because my sweet grandmother, Momsie, has been very sick.
She went to be with her Lord this morning at 12:30 am after a beautiful and dignified, though difficult, final week of life. This past weekend, all of her grandchildren were able to get to Hendersonville to spend some time with her, and she was lucid and able to talk with us until Sunday morning. It was a sweet time with our family, and I will always remember it as a perfect tribute to her life. She was all about family and being together, especially when life gets hard. I will write more about her in coming days, but the short version is that she was a true gift to everyone who knew her. She loved Jesus and her family more than life itself, and I rejoice with her this morning at she stands strong and whole, worshipping at the foot the the Throne of Grace, next to the love of her life who went on ahead of her 11 years ago. What a precious reunion I know it was.
I can't wait to join them in due time
www.thosshepherd.com
1 comment:
Momsie sounded like an amazing woman. The picture of her and Ella is so beautiful. Take Care and all my best to your family in this sad time. Love, Angela, Bill and Madelyn
Post a Comment