Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ella's Birthday -- Part 2

Monday the 11th was Ella's actual birthday, and we decided to give her our gifts that morning rather than at her party. We got her a water table, a Dora and Princess swimsuit, and Evan picked out "The Lady Bug Game" for her. She loved all her gifts, but I have to highly recommend "The Ladybug Game" for the 3-5 year old set. It is really simple, requires no reading, and Ella loves to play. (The first time Evan played her and won, she got really sad and said, "No, I want to win." This was a good opportunity to talk about being a gracious loser and having fun just playing. Tough lesson, but one of many tough lessons ahead, I guess!)

We continued her special day later by meeting Daddy at McDonald's for lunch and some Playplace time. She then went home to eat the enormous decorated cupcake she chose from Whole Foods earlier that morning.

Evan continued the tradition he began last year of buying her roses to correspond with the number of years old she is. She doesn't quite get this yet, but I think as she gets older she will be grateful for what a sweet daddy she has.

So, Ella is officially 3! Now it's time to start think Easton's birthday in August. Elmo party, anyone?





















1 comment:

Dad and Winnie said...

What a sweet, sweet girl. Hard to believe Ella is three years old already. They grow up so fast. Great birthday pictures.