This is what Evan wrote in on the left side of my Mother's Day card this year:
10 Things You Never Thought You'd Hear Yourself Say Before you Became a Mother
10. "I need you to eat something healthy first. Would you like a hot dog?"
9. "Honey, your other shoe is in the playpen."
8. "Would you please get off the table?"
7. "Do we stick beans up our nose?"
6. "No, you cannot put a Band Aid on your tongue."
5. "Please finish your ice cream."
4. "Honey, the Target coupon is in the popcorn bag."
3. "Would you like some more ketchup for your green beans?"
2. "No, don't cut your tongue."
1. "You've got a giant booger in your nose; here, let me get that for you."
1 comment:
I was laughing so hard when I was reading this post I started crying. Tim had to come read them himself because I could not read aloud I was in such hysterics. Hmmm? Not quite what we always imagined we'd use those college degrees for, but totally worth it. Even if we do consider hot dogs and ketchup a well-balanced meal.
Post a Comment