Tuesday, October 2, 2007

What a week!

I guess a blog is supposed to be a journal of sorts. So, I thought I would report about our week! We seem to have hit a sickness streak. Evan and I had food poisoning last Wednesday, Ella had an allergic reaction to kiwi resulting in a nasty, painful diaper rash, we've all had the sniffles and sore throats, and I ended up in the ER yesterday after having severe abdominal pains. A trip in the ambulance, a bunch of bloodwork, and CAT scan later, it was determined that I had a nasty stomach bug. Perhaps the scariest part was the allergic reaction I had to the contrast dye they gave me for the CAT scan. Hives, swelling -- not good. But they gave me Benadryl and steroids, and I am home now "resting" with my two littles ones. We are thankful for good doctors and great health insurance!

Also, FYI, I have lost my cell phone, so Evan's cell is the best bet to reach us!

1 comment:

Dad and Winnie said...

It was so good to talk to you and know that all of you are on the mend and that the worst is past. Things always seem to come in three's and guess you have hit the lottery and now only blue skies ahead. Keep on getting better, Dad and Winnie