
A couple of weeks ago, we headed to Holden Beach, NC for a week of fun with Emily's side of the family. We crammed 10 adults and 6 kids into a beach house (there were 5 bedrooms .. not so bad!). We spent the days digging in the sand, eating, lounging, eating, playing with cousins, eating .... oh, did I mention eating? :) The kids got along splendidly, and I am pleased to report that the adults did, as well. This was our kiddos first trip to the beach, and Ella fell right in with the big kids immediately. She was very serious in her castle building, water toting, and hole digging. Easton, sadly, got an ear infection while we were there, but a trip to Urgent Care and some amoxicillin perked him pretty quickly.
The adults read, played late night board games, swam in the ocean, and chatted in rockers on the front porch.
We have reserved a house for next year already. We hope Steph, Anna, and Jaiden can make it next year ... and Carson and Caelyn will bring along their new baby sister next summer, too! We're already looking forward to it!








2 comments:
Looks like everyone had a tremendous time! The kids are just adorable and look like they are thoroughly enjoying themselves. Thanks for sharing.
I miss you :( sniff...sniff...
I priced flights to Greenville the other day, they are cheap if I book far enough in advance! Nora finally understands quite well that her friend Ella is in South Carolina, and you need to take an airplace to get there....
Love,
Sherry :)
Post a Comment